AK HC4 DAC & AMP
Hi-Fi Sound on the Move
- Ultra-high resolution sound reproduction from AKM AK4493s DAC
- Exclusive Circuitry with improved noise control, low power design, and ultra-precise amp design technology
- Digital Audio Remaster Technology upsamples the sample rate of the sound beyond the source format's limits
- Dual Output with both 3.5mm and 4.4mm connectors, use the HC4 with most Hi-Fi IEMs and headphones without the need for adapters or additional cables
- UAC 1.0 and UAC 2.0 support catering to a wide range of devices including smartphones, tablets, PCs, and gaming consoles
- Interchangeable Cable Design (Type-C / Lightning Cable Included) for seamless connectivity to a wide range of source devices
Hi-Fi Sound on the Move
The successor to the highly rated HC3, the premium DAC is our first to feature the AK4493S DAC to deliver exceptional hi-fi sound as well as interchangeable USB-C and Lightning connection, 3.5mm and 4.4mm dual output and Digital Audio Remaster technology for delicate, analogue-like sound.
The HC4 is the first in Astell&Kern’s DAC lineup to incorporate the AK44993S from AKM thanks to a highly improved design. The class-leading technology normally found in Astell&Kern’s multi-award-winning digital audio players ensures exquisite sound reproduction, and is further enhanced with improved noise control, lower power design, and ultra-precise amp design technology. Furthermore, AK HC4 supports Native DSD256 and up to 32bit/384kHz to handle any high-quality audio source.
Digital Audio Remaster
The AK HC4 is equipped with digital audio remaster (DAR) technology – previously only found in Astell&Kern’s latest digital audio players. DAR technology is developed to upsample the sample rate of the sound to go beyond the limits of the source format. The high sample rate allows more refined playback and offers a delicate, analogue-like sound, helping the listener to enjoy the richness of the original recording.
HC4 introduces exclusive AMP circuitry that supersedes the standard built-in DAC AMP. While maintaining a compact form factor 29.5 x 64.5x 14.5mm, Astell&Kern used micro resistors and capacitor parts to achieve a small footprint without compromising performance. Carefully selected ultra-small tantalum capacitors are also included to create an optimal audio circuit design while audio performance is enhanced with Astell&Kern's unique power management technology to minimize current consumption.
The AK HC4 features Dual Output with both 3.5mm and 4.4mm connectors, allowing you to use AK HC4 with most Hi-Fi IEMs and headphones without the need for adapters or additional cables.
Smartphone, PC & gaming connectivity with UAC 1.0 & 2.0
While modern smartphones, tablets, and PCs support UAC 2.0 connections, many gaming devices still exclusively support UAC 1.0 connections. To cater to both scenarios, AK HC4 ensures compatibility by supporting both UAC 2.0 and UAC 1.0 connections for cross-platform quality sound experiences. Connect the AK HC4 to your gaming device such as PlayStation and Switch, and enjoy low latency and enhanced sound for an immersive gaming experience.
Interchangeable Cable Design
The AK HC4 DAC comes with both USB-C and Lightning cables to connect with any modern smartphone and bring hi-fi sound to your handheld devices on-the-go
Included in the box
- 1x Astell&Kern HC4 DAC & AMP
- 1x USB-C to Lightning Cable
- 1x USB-C to USB-C
- 1x Quick start guide
- 1x Warrranty Card
DSD Native: DSD64(1bit 2.8MHz), Stereo / DSD128(1bit 5.6MHz), Stereo / DSD256(1bit 11.2MHz), Stereo
±0.062dB (Condition : 20Hz~20kHz) Unbalanced │ ±0.063dB (Condition : 20Hz~20kHz) Balanced