Precision Meets Emotion
- Hybrid 11 Driver IEM, two precise 8mm low dynamic drivers and nine balanced armature drivers for breath-taking audio performance
- 2 x 8 mm Al-Mg Low Dynamic Drivers in Isobaric configuration for outstanding deep, dynamic and well controlled bass
- A 1st grade five-way crossover with proprietary circuitry avoids excessive load from the tweeter towards the source, resulting in extended and harmonic highs
- T6 heat treated Precision-Milled Aluminium Shell with acoustic chamber calculated to get the best compromise between driver speed and musicality
- Open-structure design features a vacuum metal mesh circulating air from the dynamic driver to control the powerful resonating internal forces
- Custom-made cables from Effect Audio with patented EPO (Ergonomic Performance Optimization) technology
- Handcrafted at Vision Ears’ headquarters in Cologne, Germany
Precision Meets Emotion
Astell&Kern, the global audio leader from South Korea, has collaborated with Vision Ears, a pioneer of in-ear systems based in Germany, to reveal the AURA.
Both esteemed companies have combined their technological prowess and world leading sound signature to develop an in-ear monitor which blends breath-taking performance with exemplary design.
The AURA technical configuration is designed with a 1st grade crossover, meticulously manufactured in Germany. All components being well chosen for the lowest tolerances possible on the market. AURA uses a 5-way crossover with a particular circuit solution that avoids an excessive load from the tweeter towards the source (amplifier), thus reducing distortion and extending the reproduction of high frequencies. Internal wiring is made with premium silver plated copper alloy wire for the highest performance possible.
Isobaric configuration with two dynamic drivers
Two 8mm dynamic drivers are placed facing each other in an isobaric configuration. As two drivers are placed facing each other and the sound is output from exactly between them, the compositional interference is maximized, effectively doubling the output volume. This, in turn, removes any phasing issues that may raise from the length difference between the sound tubes, reducing THD.
This design makes the low-frequency sound created by the dynamic drivers more accurate, solid, and vibrant.
The "special chamber" has a precise internal volume that has been calculated to get the best compromise between driver speed and musicality. The two DD Drivers are strictly matched to reduce any possible phase incoherence which could lead to an inaccurate transient reproduction.
AURA's open-structure design features a vacuum metal mesh that gleams elegantly on top. This special aluminum acoustic mesh circulates air from the dynamic driver to control the powerful resonating force, protecting internal components from external influences.
Material Innovation and Craftsmanship
The front plate and shell of the AURA is made from Swiss 6061-T6 aluminum. Aluminum 6061 is an alloy that is lightweight, sturdy, and highly resistant to corrosion. In addition to this, we added T6 heat treatment to enhance the strength of the aluminum, making it not only feather-light and sturdy but also allowing it to be given a beautiful finish. The production processes of all parts is done through the highest-quality CNC milling process, one part at a time.
Included in the box
- 2x AURA IEMs
- 2x Effect Audio Custom Cables (4.4mm, 3.5mm)
- 1x Leather Carry Case
- 1x Leather Earphone Pocket
- 1x Leather Cable Clip
- 1x Suede Cleaner
- 6x Pairs of AZLA SE1500 Tips (SS / S / SM / M / ML / L)
- 4x Pairs of Mesh Filters
- 1x Quick Start Guide
- 1x Warranty Card
- 1x Serial Number Card
· 8mm Al-Mg Low Dynamic Drivers in a Isobaric configuration x2
· Balanced Armature Drivers for the low mids x 4
· Balanced Armature Drivers for the mid highs x 4
· Balanced Armature Driver for the super tweeter x 1